Skip to Main Content

Reporting Changes

Please use the Public Housing and Section 8 Update Form to submit changes. Link here to complete the Update Form, then print to mail or bring by our office. 

Participants are required to report the following information to RHHA as family circumstances change. Failure to do so may result in retroactive rent increase, money owed to Section 8 and/or termination of assistance.

Report all changes in writing within 10 days to your HCV (Section 8) Specialist providing a detailed explanation of the circumstances of change. For Residents in Rock Hill, you may bring in your Update Form to our office at 467 S. Wilson Street or mail your Update Form to P.O. Box 11579, Rock Hill, SC 29731. For Residents in Great Falls, you may drop off your Update Form in the drop box at our Great Falls Office: 800 Chester Avenue or mail to PO Box 11579, Rock Hill, SC 29731.

Please continue to pay your current rental portion until you have been notified in writing of a different amount to pay. All reported changes will be verified via a third party prior to any changes in the assistance.

Changes in Family and Household Composition
You must report in writing any change in family/household composition (e.g., birth, adoption, court-awarded custody of a child, addition or departure of any family or household member, marriage, or death of family member, etc.) within 10 business days.

Increase in Income
You must provide verification of any increase in income from employment, social security, child support, TANF, pension, annuity, family contraction, unemployment benefits, veteran's benefits, lump sum payments, business income, or other source of income within 10 business days.

Decrease in Income
You may request a reexamination of the payment to the owner on the basis of changes that may reduce your family portion of rent due to decrease in income.

Zero Income Reporters
RHHA will conduct an interim reexamination every 3 months as long as your family continues to report that they have no income.